Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chicken Pox...


This week is unlucky weeks for my roommate. Why?? It was ashamed story to share, but it was interesting story t share with. Actually my roommate had infected by chicken pox diseases. Maybe, this is terrible week for him. Don’t worry, I will not be infected by this disease twice because I already infected during my secondary school. I already had an antibody in my body to curve this disease. Then, I was searching information about dermatology to know more about chicken pox. Chicken pox is a highly contagious viral infection caused by the varicella virus. The word chickenpox comes from the Old English word "gican" meaning "to itch" or from the Old French word "chiche-pois" for chickpea, a description of the size of the lesion. It causes typical viral symptoms like fever, fatigue, joint pains, headache, and swollen glands. These symptoms usually resolve by the time the rash develops. Articles that I had read give me a new knowledge and could help my roommate to understand his condition.

No comments: